Carbohydrates are the most significant proportion of the diets. This is because carbohydrates have a specific and very important in maintaining a healthy body. Hence the importance of including carbohydrates, for daily food.
Represents the largest percentage of dietary carbohydrate. This is because carbohydrates have a specific and very important in maintaining a healthy body.
Is known by the name of any substance that the empirical formula of carbohydrates is Gn (H2O). In the carbohydrate group can find sugar, alcohol, polysaccharides and sugars.
Functions of carbohydrates
* They provide half the energy provided by a normal diet.
* Provides energy to working muscles, one gram of carbohydrate provides 4 kcal.
* From the hydrate could be synthesized proteins and fats.
* Improving the intestinal bacterial flora, through the fermentation of sugars such as lactose.
* In complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber is found, which captures and allows you to remove dirt and toxins from the body. Which serve the function of purification.
* This same fiber plays a regulatory role of glucose, cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
* Stimulates intestinal motility by preventing constipation.
* Based on carbohydrates such as glucose, glycogen is formed (glucose reserves in the body).
Noting the role of carbohydrates is essential to combine the carbohydrates through food. Please note that in the carbohydrate foods you should consume a higher percentage of complex carbohydrates (vegetables, fruits, cereals, beans) and a smaller percentage of foods high in simple sugars like candy, jam, white flour, etc.