Nature is full of secrets that science today, still trying to discover in its entirety. Since ancient times, plants have been the source of our remedies, treatments and cures that with advances in technology and science have been concentrated in small pills and injections painful blisters.
However, even for many current ills, are the plants that help keep us best, and sometimes fight, the diseases can develop. In this sense develops the field of herbal medicine, a science based on the appropriate use of plants for the treatment of certain diseases.
Knowing the benefits and correct use of each plant is one of their main bases, then from there we can find a good solution for minor health problems, like a common cold or inflammation from stroke.
Each plant has an active ingredient used to heal and soothe various types of ailments, it is these that potentiate pharmaceutical tablets, syrups, ointments and vials for our immediate treatment.
Uses & Applications
Depends on the type of discomfort even to get, for example, the most common is the stomach cramps which are fought with infusions of anise, fennel, lemon balm and mint, to name a few.
If you’ve turned a bad foot footprint, it is recommended plantain poultice and placed on the swollen to help reduce inflammation.
Also, if you have a sore throat and urgent need to give a speech, it is recommended chewing a raw slice of turnip, peeled and to reduce inflammation (which occurs in a few minutes.)
As we understand, there are many ways to apply the treatment, of which there are six well-defined that also help to enhance its effects.
- Decoction. Crumble, leaves, roots and stems and boil a few minutes in a pan on the fire. Then let stand and drink. It is recommended for the leaves.
- Infusion. Put the plant in a container away from heat and add boiling water. Cover and let stand. Recommended for roots and stems.
- Dyes. Marinate the ground in alcohol to extract and preserve their properties. Take a few drops of the preparation then dissolved in water or applied as a rub.
- Compresses. It consists of a wet cotton cloth or a tea and apply it to the wound or injury.
- Poultices. A paste is formed of grass and water and attached to the skin with gauze or bandage. It changes every so often.