Have you ever had a urinary tract infection or cystitis? This common problem among men and women have different origins. In this article I comment on how to combat it.
What is a UTI?
Urinary tract infections are inflammations caused by various factors, usually because of inadequate hygiene allowing germs and bacteria enter through the bottom of the urinary tract or urethra, ie, the excretory duct urine. Other factors include constipation, hormonal changes, pregnancy, diabetes among others.
What are the symptoms of a urinary tract infection?
- Intense burning pain when urinating.
- Urination with small amounts of urine.
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- The urine has a strange color or appearance, cloudy and foamy.
What should I do when I have a urinary tract infection?
- Immediately go to the gynecologist to treat and follow their recommendations.
- Drink plenty of water, up to 2 liters a day to kill bacteria.
- Eating foods or fruits that contain vitamin C such as oranges, tangerines, pineapple or strawberries, to acidify the urine, preventing the proliferation of more bacteria.
- Go to the bathroom as often as necessary, to make it easy and take the time to remove all the urine, thus avoiding the accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid alcohol, as their consumption further irritate the urinary tract.
- Begin to maintain adequate hygiene. After each urination, the correct way to wipe with toilet paper is front to back, this action will prevent the infection from getting worse. Subsequently, we recommend washing with soap and water with a
- PH neutral special grooming area.
- Natural remedies to combat urinary tract infections
- The following remedies may help you improve your health, and especially to eliminate the consequences of such infection.
Take an onion, cut into 4 pieces and boil in a pint of water in a pot for 15 to 20 minutes. Make the mixture at least 7 to 8 hours. Strain and drink it all at that time.
Put a cup of nettle leaves several and add boiling water, leave it a moment to load and then Strain. Nettle, in itself, is a diuretic, and help you to eliminate urine and bacteria.
You can access this tea in stores. This will help reduce inflammation of bladder.
2 cloves crushed garlic, and add a cup of warm water. Let stand 5 to 6 minutes, and drink it. This infusion will help to eliminate bacteria.
The ingestion of asparagus in your diet, will help you renew or purify your urinary tract.
Boil in a pot 3 liters of water, a paste of 2 liquefied whole celery, 2 thick slices of pineapple and a cup of chamomile. Finally, strain, and drink it all day.