Constipation is the elimination of hard stools and compact and the realization of a larger effort at the time of discharging. The most common causes of constipation are:
• The inadequate intake of fluids, especially in hot environments where the infant is excessive sweating.
• The power of small irregular due to suffering from any illness.
• rare functional abnormalities that require medical supervision, as excess calcium in the blood or stenosis (narrowing) of the anal canal.
• Feeding milk formula is not well accepted by infant feeding.
• Poor preparation of milk formula (when the milk is too thick).
• Consumption of certain chemicals transferred (drugs, narcotics, drugs, etc..) Through milk from mother to infant.
There are three stages at which children are more susceptible to constipation, these are:
• Lactation stage from birth to 4 or 6 months old, at this stage the child’s body is still immature and only has the capacity to digest breast milk or in some cases, the milk formula.
• From 6 months to 1 year: the small body adjusts to the addition of fruit or vegetable porridge and the addition of milk formulas to your diet.
• 1 year or older: the stage where it joins the small family diet.
The most common type of constipation is caused by the change of milk formula milk, especially when it is based on cow’s milk, which contains lactose, which can not be treated as the infant lacks an enzyme called lactase. Scientific researches have developed infant formula in which milk proteins are hydrolyzed by a process in which proteins are divided into small fragments and thus are largely indigestible for small, preventing constipation.
What to do?
• Provide plenty of fluids in infant feeding, especially in warm weather or in case of fever.
• No overdressing babies, as this generates the dehydrated sweating.
• Circular Massaging the abdomen of the infant will help prevent constipation.
• Consult your pediatrician about the best nutrition for the infant, can be incorporated into the dietajugos grape or plum porridge, fruit (apple or banana under which promote constipation) or pureed vegetables.
• Implementation of glycerin suppositories that will stimulate the muscles around the anus-be careful when placing them to avoid hurting the baby –
• Exercise your baby with gentle flexion of the legs.
• Visiting a doctor at the slightest suspicion of this problem.